I took the girls over to the neighbor's to play so I could take Josh by myself, that was SO nice!
I feel so bad that he had to get shots, he was such a happy smiley guy when we first got there, he LOVED the paper on the dr's table, he kept grabbing it and playing with it.



Josh now weighs 14 lbs 7 oz (31% for weight) and is 24.75 inches long (36% for height). His head circumfrence is 44 cm (85%!). So he's a little guy with a big head (Hannah was smaller but had a bigger head!)
Dr. said he looks great, and he's reached all the milestones that 4 month olds are supposed to. He still has that wheezy, raspy breathing that we were told is caused by him having a floppy airway that moves back and forth when he breathes. The dr said if he's still breathing like that at his 6 month check up, he will want us to take Josh to an ENT to rule out anything else, but for now he's not worried yet.
When the nurse came in to do his shots, he was SO happy and giving her the biggest smile. She said it breaks her heart when babies smile at her before she has to poke them. He first had an oral vaccine, he liked it quite a bit too. Then he got 1 shot in each leg. He was NOT happy, obviously. He calmed right down as soon as I picked him up and talked to him and gave him his binky. He was still pouting as I put him in his car seat to leave though

Oh, and the dr told me to wait until he's 6 months until I give him rice cereal or other baby food. I've already given him rice cereal twice, and he seemed to like it. Should I stop and wait? Keep giving it to him anyway? Wait until 5 months since it's inbetween? Thoughts and opinions on this? For the record, both of the girls started rice cereal at 4 months. I'm not sure what I want to do.





5 comments:
I don't know what I'd do either. My Dr. had me give my two oldest their rice cereal at 4 months because they had bad reflux and the cereal helped to keep everything down. My youngest didn't but he still told me to go ahead and give her the cereal at 4 months.
Hmmm I would do what he says. I think that unless he has reflux issues you should wait. Good luck!
He is such a cutie. I missed you guys the last time you were here I can't wait to see you all. Did you tell the doctor that you had already tried him on cereal? Did you ask him why it you should wait? I probably would have asked. See you on Sunday!
I go by every kid is different.
if he's responding well to it and enjoys it, why go backwards?
I would just follow my baby's cues on when to introduce any other new foods and not worry.
He is adorable!! I love all the cute pics of him.
Post a Comment