I made home made mac n cheese for lunch today because we were out of the boxed stuff.It was SOOOO good that I wanted to jot down what I used so I can make it again sometime.
1 whole box of shell pasta
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cheddar cheese soup
1 soup can of milk
a bunch of random seasonings like garlic, onion powder, etc
handfulls of shredded cheddar cheese
I didn't want to bake it because we were all hungry, so while the pasta was boiling, I combined the soup, milk, cheese, and seasonings in another pan and just kept stirring it as it got hot and melted the cheese. It was so thick and bubble and yummy looking!
I drained the pasta and added the sauce.
YUM, it was heavenly! The girls barely touched theirs though, they are SO picky that anything even a tad bit off they wont touch. It was the shell pasta that did it I think, I told them it's exactly the same just shaped different. I had them try some bites from me, and they said they liked it, but they didn't touch theirs at all. Oh well, more for me! Next time I'm going to have to use real macaroni noodles to get them to eat it.




3 comments:
looks good- I actually think the shells look more appetizing than the macaroni noodles anyway!
I love that type of shell macaroni! But I do admit I have a hard time finding a homemade mac and cheese that tastes the same as Kraft! They don't taste "right" if I'm wanting mac and cheese.
I don't like the Kraft kind. When we buy boxed stuff, we get the Walmart brand that comes in the red box, not the blue box, it's the thick and creamy one but it's cheaper than the Kraft. It's SOOOOO good! And to make it even better, mix in a tiny amount of sour cream! YUM! Ever since we tried the Walmart Brand thick and creamy, we've never made the Kraft again!
Post a Comment