The girls never liked baby cereal by it's self, it had to be mixed with a fruit or veggie.
So I decided to start off with pears. I bought a few jars to use the next few days.
I put 1/2 a jar into a little bowl. He started to learn how to eat it instead of pushing it all out with his tongue, and I ended up getting most of it into him with just a little on his bib.
He really seemed to enjoy it!


(look below for another post from today. Yes, it's not often I post twice in the same day)




3 comments:
Personally I would wait as long as I possibly could before starting solids with Joshua going back to your post of should you or should you not give them to him. I would have NEVER had thought that I would have ended up in the hospital twice with my little man after giving himsquash twice, especially since allergies are so horrible on the Ericksen side of Joshua's family.....
Was his allergy caused by having the baby food early on (not sure when he started on them, just assuming it was early, or around 4 months or whatever) or would he have been allergic to them regardless of when he tried them?
I'm really honestly curious, I don't know a lot about food allergies. As far as I know, no one on my side has any, so I've never dealt with them before.
I was kind of thinking I should stop and wait a little longer when I was feeding him today. He does like it, but so far he's not REALLY wanting it, like he'll get distracted and look around and not open his mouth sometimes. I wasn't forcing the food, he toook it, but he didn't seem all eager, like he could take it or leave it. I don't think he's quite ready yet, he isn't begging for them or watching fascinated as we eat, or some of those other ready to eat signs, and he's still satisfied with just his bottle. So he's had the pears 3 times now, but I think now that I'm going to wait until 6 months like his pediatrician wanted. I didn't know that the Ericksen side had a history of food allergies until yesterday when overhearing you talking to your mom.
Is Zane allergic to any other foods that you know of? I hope he's feeling better now. Sorry I haven't really talked to you about it before, I never really knew what to say, it was definitely scary, I hope it doesn't happen to him again!
The earlier you start a baby on solid foods, the more likely you are to trigger and intolerance.
What Z-man did, was truly the scariest thing I personally have ever seen. In light of the fact that the doctors can find no other explanation for what he did, I personally think it was food related.
All of the our side of the family has allergies. 4 have had (or are having) allergy injections.
Post a Comment