Friday, July 10, 2009

Trying this again

Last May, I got this bright idea to try out cloth diapering with the girls. Partly to see if it would help Hannah potty train, and partly to experience it and see what it's like.
I liked it quite a bit, and did it for about 2 months, then quit when we moved and I was pregnant with Josh (I just got lazy). I thought I'd like to cloth diaper again when Josh was born, so my wonderful sister in law, Dani, slaved over her sewing machine for many hours to make 24 diapers for me!

When Josh was born, I was really overwhelmed and had a hard time adjusting to having three kids. I even had a little bit of post partum depression for a while (Thankfully it's all gone now!)
So I decided cloth diapering would not be for me after all, one less thing for me to have to stress about (the washing and stuffing, since the diapers have pockets for the absorbant inserts to go into). I kept 1/2 the diapers to have around for emergency preparedness, I figured they would be nice to have in an emergency.

I've been on the fence about whether or not I should still use them sometimes. When Josh was born, they were still a little big on him (they are one size and adjust to fit) so tonight I decided to see how the fit has changed. They fit him so much better now, he's so cute in them! I've been a lot less stressed out lately, and feel like I'm back to normal after the initial adjustment to having a new baby again. So, I'm going to do this again, pretty soon here. At our house only, except not overnight. I don't want to deal with the hassle when we are out and about. I think it will be fun to get to use these again, and the extra savings on disposable diapers will be nice too.

Maybe this will be fun and worth it, and maybe it wont. But at least I'll know for sure this time, I just feel like I gave it up too soon, and with all that hard work for Dani to make them.
Wish me luck!

Look how big they were on him as a newborn!


They fit much better now!



No comments: