Sunday, June 28, 2009

Syracuse Heritage Days!

Yesterday was a really fun but long day!It Started off at the Syracuse Heritage Days Parade, convienently just in front of our apartment so we didn't have to find parking or walk far!This was the first time we ever took the girls to a parade. They loved the free candy!

Syracuse Fire truck
Josh during the fire truck's siren.Davis Hospital, where Josh was born. This was one of two real floats that I saw.Syracuse Elementary PTA :) Of course there has to be a tractor, we're in Utah afterall! Another only in Utah thing! I thought this was pretty funny! What they were handing out to everyone :) Josh Loves his sisters! Hannah getting some candy, and Abby sitting in the road (she did this a lot!)
Horses! Brad took both Hannah and Abby out and they got to pet them!
Our loot! There was more than this when we were done. Thats a pretty big diaper bag too, the picture doesn't really show it.
After the Parade, the kids and I took Brad to work, then we were off to the mall. We were mainly window shopping, but they got some $.99 sunglasses from Gymboree and then got to play in the kiddie area for a while. We had lunch at McDonalds and went home. Brad got off at 7:00 and we picked him up and came home for a while. We had Hamburgers off our grill for dinner (would have been better if it was a REAL grill, outdoors and all. It's a countertop electric grill. We sprayed everyone down with bug spray (everyone but Josh, he's too little) and hopped in the car to go see the fireworks. Brad picked a great location, we didn't realize for a while that we were RIGHT where they were going to shoot them off, about 200 yards away!

Waiting in the car for a while for it to get dark enough for the fireworks. The girls were tired, so they were extra silly in their car seats!
We had Josh dressed up warm and wrapped up good so the mosquitos would stay away. He fell asleep not too long after this, and we set him in his car seat in the car. He slept through the fireworks. (We were standing just outside the car and kept peeking in to check on him.)
Our little goons!
The girls loved the fireworks, it was the first time they have seen them (other than some small light them yourself kind, and that was only once or twice). Abby acted a little scared at times, but she was fine when she had her daddy! We were positioned on the side of the road perfectly so that when it was over, we were able to get out of there within 5 minutes, it was great, no traffic!We made a quick stop at Walmart on the way home, and Hannah had kicked off her shoes. We asked her why she had taken them off, her reply "Because I just wanted to look at my feet for a little while" :) Out of the mouth of babes! The kids went straight to bed when we got home, then Brad and I stayed up late watching a movie. It was a really great day!




3 comments:

Danio said...

What a fun day! I think that we are going to go to the parade in Provo on the Fourth! Cute pictures everyone looked like they had a fun day.

Ross & Amanda Goodman- but mostly Amanda :) said...

How fun! You guys are such good parents! I love your little blog and your not so little family. It just shows me that it is possible to follow the Lord's commandments and still be extremely happy.

Stevens Family said...

I love that picture of you and Josh - Hannah and Abby are so funny and cute! What a fun day!
(ps - I was just cleaning up and found that memories book you made for me - do you remember? I had to reread it all and have been laughing ever since..it still needs to be finished...I'm going to bring it in November and we'll have an all day play date and finish it!)