Monday, November 16, 2009

An Evening With Joshy

I'm quite sure that a similar time comes in the life of every child. Right after each of my children became mobilized they became overly ambitious in their exploring. Josh has reached this charming stage, and until his first serious discovery of gravity it ought to be pretty fun. He enjoys pulling himself up on legs, couches, cabinets, and anything else short enough for his hands to reach.


His current favorite is the dishwasher. Maybe it's the water, maybe it's the shiny objects, but something really catches his attention.



Here are some more dishwasher pictures from a few weeks ago.



Sometime while serving a mission in Germany I heard the story of Kilroy. A "super-G.I." who was always there first. After coming home I took a number of classes at BYU about German history, and heard about how G.I.s would scribble the simple drawing all over equipment used in every campaign and theatre of war.


There were stories of German officers who searched for the elusive Kilroy, believing him to actually exist. They would question soldiers taken prisoner to see if they knew the super-spy. Even Stalin himself supposedly saw it scribbled on a bathroom wall in Yalta where only he, Roosevelt, and Churchill were supposed to, ahem... you know. Anyway, I present to you Kilroy.




1 comment:

Cynthia said...

too funny! Josh makes a cute Kilroy.