Thursday, February 12, 2009

Winter fun!

Hi, Holly was already logged in and had the pictures uploaded, so I am just providing the commentary. I took the girls over to the park the other day to enjoy the snow. It breaks my heart to keep them cooped up so much, so I made sure to go out and let them rediscover the snow and play with it a little. We started with dressing up in our winter garb.





Then we started the long and ardous journey across the snowboud fields to get to the park (ok, so it is really only a 20 foot trudge across snow covered grass to go through a gate, and we are in the park. As you can see it was one of those storms where it is just barely cold enough to snow, and the snow is too wet to stick to the roads. These are my favorite kind of snowstorms.



The snow was coming just fast enough, and was just wet enough, that we go cold and wet rather quickly so we stayed under the pavilion at the park most of the time.

Abby really didn't care to stay in the pavilion too much. She was very excited that daddy was not only allowing her to jump in the puddles with her heavy boots and snow pants, but he was encouraging it. She paused a time or two to reassure herself that the water was not too deep.





Abby preparing for a cheap shot!

I tried to explain the idea behind snow-angels, but Hannah didn't quite get it. Thats okay because I really enjoy her snow possum a lot more.




Videos take forever to load, so I'll have to put that up later, it's really cute though.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

How fun for the kids to get out and play in the snow! Usually I am not up for that because it is too cold. I prefer storms that are just barely cold enough to snow, too.