Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas Lights

One of our favorite new places to take the girls is Layton Park. In the summer we took a few trips over there and fed the many ducks and geese that inhabit the park's stream year round. At Christmas time the park puts up a light display. I seem to remember that it used to be a little more impressive. Perhaps I am imagining it, but this year's display seemed a little paltry compared to those of the past.


Caution, the light animals can be vicious, it is imperative that you follow the rules. They have the display roped off, but I learned quickly that they knew what they were talking about because we could not keep Abby on the sidewalk.

Hannah spotted this light sculpture pretty quickly, and said "dat a way-o," say it out loud for full effect. Perhaps you might also be wondering which Christmas carol contains references to Christmas Whales. I couldn't remember which one did either, but I promise the rest of the sculptures are strictly "Christmas Related." One only need to remember "The Forgotten Carols."


Forget "O' Christmas Tree" the lesser known original once upon a time went "Oh Jingle Crabs, Oh Jingle Crabs, How big are your red pinchers?"


5 Golden Rings, 4 Calling Birds, 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves, and a Smokin' Hot Red-Head Mermaid


Rudolph the deadly Alligator, had some very shiny teeth, and if you got too close...well you know the words.


Yeah another bad joke occurred to me for this picture, but I forgot what it was before I could type it in, oh well.


Here is a picture of the Family with a hopped up frog.




Finally you can't leave the park without sacrificing one of your children to the many Dinosaurs. After a lengthy decision we decided we could do without Abby, sorry about the picture of my backside I usually avoid pictures of myself. At least I am not yet as portly as the T-Rex.


All in all we did have a good time, the girls were excited and had fun.

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

Sounds like fun! I personally think that your lyrics is what we should all sing every year - much better than the same ol' boring songs.