Friday, October 3, 2008

I thought this was worth sharing

I know I've probably already gained the reputation of being a "car seat nut" and I try not to bring them up because I don't want to bug people about them or make anyone feel bad.
I like to answer questions when asked, but normally I don't bring it up.

Anyway, so since I am very interested in them, and in proper use, etc I am a member of an online car seat forum where I talk with other child passenger safety advocates and technicians, and where I have learned a lot. I was never able to take that tech class and become a CPST myself, it was last month and we couldnt afford it, but I still keep up in learning what I can from other techs.

A few days ago on the car seat board, a new member, a grandpa of an 18 month old boy involved in an accident in a forward facing crash, posted his story.
It was really good and informative. I've been debating whether or not I should post about it, because I don't want to annoy people with more car seat stuff. Then I decided it was too important to not post about, and those interested can read it, and those who aren't don't have to.

Here is a link to his story: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=59783
He also posted again with more of his story and a picture of his grandson in post # 21 if you scroll down (The top right in each response is where the #'s are so you can scroll down to his next post if you don't want to see the other replies).

Again, I'm not trying to post this to annoy people about car seat safety, I just wanted to help this Grandpa spread the word about the importance of rear facing.

No comments: