Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Drive In

We took the kids to the Drive in Theater last week to see Brave and The Avengers.
They had never been to the Drive in before, and it was really affordable so we thought it would be a fun family activity.  We dressed in pajamas/loungy clothes and set out. I caught this cute pic of them altogether as Brad went in the gas station to get himself a drink for the movie. I don't think we have many other pictures of all 3 together where they are all looking and smiling!

We borrowed a neighbor's air pop corn popper and filled up two paper bags of it and took other snacks. We had plenty to munch on during the movies, probably too much! Next time we will take camp chairs so the kids can sit in the back of the van and we can sit in chairs. Our chairs were left at my parent's house at the time, so we weren't able to take them.
Brave was pretty cute. We didn't love it, but we liked it well enough.
Between the movies, we turned the van around so we could watch The Avengers out the front. The kids were all ready to go to sleep at that point, Abby fell asleep in the last 20 minutes of Brave. Josh slept in his car seat and the girls slept on the floor in the back of the van. I dozed off and on through the Avengers but I've seen it before and I'm not super into it. We were out til almost 2am! We put the girls back in their seats for the drive home. They were definitely out of it! They didn't really sleep in the next morning though.


We had a great time and we want to go again this year if they get other kid/adult movie combos. We hope they have Batman or the new Spiderman paired with a kid movie in the future. We'd need to see something that has a kid movie first to keep their attention.

I wish this kind of thing was around more like it used to be. It's a really good idea, kids can watch their movie and then go to sleep while the parents watch theirs. No babysitter needed. It's a shame that Drive In's are becoming a thing of the past. We hope this Drive in stays in business as long as we live nearby. We want to go every year with the kids. It was really fun!

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

I can't believe how much the girls look like twins ... LOL I'm sure you get that a lot (as I do) Makes me want to take the kids to the drive-in!