Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas 2011!

I'm late getting to this, but I haven't had much time to blog lately.
I'm back to work at Walmart in the evenings and Brad quit there (He'll be doing online school soon, going for his Masters). With all of that going on, I didn't get to sending out Christmas cards like I normally do either.

I did squeeze in a quick "photo shoot" with the kids to try to get nice pictures for a card. I think some of them turned out cute, so I'm sharing some:






This one makes me laugh!
Christmas Eve I got off work in the early afternoon, so we had all night to spend together.
We had Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner and watched Miracle on 34th street (the newer one). Brad helped the kids make chocolate chip cookies for Santa.
Then they got to open their new Christmas pajamas, they always get new pajamas every year and they always get to open them on Christmas Eve.

Our tree, how it looked when the kids went to bed.

After Santa came
We had a wonderful Christmas. We made a super yummy breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls. Here are some of the highlights of the fun gifts from this year:

Pink razor scooters for both girls! They even got to ride them outside on Christmas day because we didn't have a white Christmas this year and it was quite warm for the end of December.

Josh got some legos!
Hannah got a CD player/clock radio that she's been wanting!

Josh got a huge train set (and train table) that he LOVES!

Abby got a new baby doll, she loves babies!

Brad and I got a bunch of new movies that we both knew about beforehand, but we managed to surprise each other this year too. I got him a speaker/dock for his ipod and/or ipad, portable and rechargable. He got me a big Ninja kitchen system (blender/food processor/mixer thing) that I've been wanting.

We also surprised the kids with our big family gift this year, a Wii! We've wanted one for a while but never got around to getting one. We have all had a lot of fun with it, especially since we got Just Dance Kids 2 for it (a super fun dancing game that is quite a workout too!).

We made a big turkey for dinner and had a great time with everyone.
It was a fun and relaxing day.

We hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas too and will have a great year this year!

No comments: