Josh turned 2 on February 19th. I can't believe he's 2 already, he's growing up too fast!
I didn't post earlier because I was waiting for his 2nd party to be over.
Yes, you read that right, Josh is a lucky boy and got to have two 2nd b-day parties!
We had the first at our house on his actual b-day, last Saturday.
Then we had another one for him at my parent's house yesterday.
We decided to do it that way because for one, my little nephew Simon had his first b-day party the same day as Josh's first party and I didn't want to make my family choose whose party to go to, and second because we had to go to Orem yesterday anyway because Brad had to attend a class at BYU. No sense making everyone drive up to see us when we'd be down there anyway only a week later.
First Party:

This is how his cake turned out. I was going for brown, to make "mud" under the trucks but we didn't have enough red dye (I'm pretty sure it's more red that was needed). Luckily the frosting was still green and not some weird color when the red ran out, so it still worked, it was just "grass" instead. This was also with natural dye, by the way, so I'm still in the process of learning how to blend the colors, they turn out different than artificial dye (ex blue makes more of a purple, and red makes pink). Still, I think the cake worked pretty well. It definitely tasted good!

I asked Josh to say "cheese" and this is the face he gave me.

Brad helped him open presents. He's getting better at it, I think by Christmas he'll be opening things entirely by himself. This present was a little puzzle set, he's really getting into puzzles now.

He got quite a few new vehicles! This is just one of many. He loves them all though, he's really turning into a "little boy" and not so much a "baby" anymore.

Opening this one mostly by himself.

It's this cute little "laptop" that we can hook to the computer to "program" it. We can choose the child's name we want it to say (obviously Josh), choose 3 "e-mails" and who they are from (Example, he hits the e-mail button and a message like "Dear Josh, you make me so happy! Love, Hannah" pops up, it's really cute), and we can pick which 6 songs we want it to play. We can hook it back up and change it at anytime. It also teaches letters, sounds, animals, and music. He loves it, and the girls like to play with it too.

Here comes Daddy with the cake!

A Satisfied little boy after eating his cake.
He had a lot of fun but was really tired when it was all over. He had a great nap that afternoon.
Second Party:
Yesterday we had the 2nd party at my parent's house. My mom made chili cheese dogs and home made pizza for lunch. It was fun that we all got to hang out with each other for a while before doing the birthday stuff.
I didn't think to get any pictures before the presents.

Here is Josh trying to remove a bow from his head after opening that truck from my sister, Laura.

I helped him with the rest of the presents.

But he got into it quite a bit too.

A cute little truck set from Uncle Bob and Aunt Dani and their foster boys.

He got another puzzle.

And a ball! This is probably his most favorite and it was the cheapest too!

He also got this "Fridge wash & go" which is basically an electronic puzzle that can hang on the fridge. There are 5 vehicles in 2 pieces and he can put them together or mix and match them to make weird vehicles. It teaches colors too. He likes it quite a bit. I am really happy about this one because I found it on clearance at Walmart.

I ran out of my blue and red dye making Josh's first cake and I didn't want to order more yet (I get it online) so I decided to be creative and came up with this sunshine cake and used up the last of our yellow dye. I think it turned out pretty cute, and it was good too, I added some lemon extract to the frosting so that added some yummy tangy flavor to it.

Hannah waiting not so patiently for it to be time for cake.

Josh getting some help to blow out the candles.


He enjoyed 2 cupcakes, then he got to have a bath (lucky boy, because he LOVES baths!)

The kids were tired after the party so we had the girls rest on Grandma's bed w/ a tv show on, but they fell asleep.

Josh on the other hand did not fall asleep. Too much excitement in one day perhaps.
We had a lot of fun at both parties and Josh is set on vehicles and other toys for a good while now. Which is good because most of our toys come from b-days and Christmas, so he's got a long time to wait.
And by the way, if you couldn't tell from me posting, this is Holly, I just realized I'm logged in as Brad but I'm posting anyway.
1 comment:
Looks like fun. I can't believe how big he is! I hope we get to see your house sooner than later. The sunshine cake is so cute!
Post a Comment