He has brought so much love and joy into our lives. I honestly can't imagine my life without him in it. We know he is our last baby, so this birthday is bitter sweet for me. All of my children will always be my babies, but Josh seems even more so "my baby". Maybe it's because for right now, he still is very much a baby, or maybe it's because I know that with each of his milestones, another little piece of my motherhood journey is ending, so I want to hold onto all the "baby" that I can.
This first year has seemed to go by a lot faster than Hannah and Abby's first years. He is literally growing like a weed right in front of my eyes! While it's a bit sad to think that most of his babyhood is in the past, it is very very exciting to think about what is to come. All the more love and joy we will continue to feel as we watch him learn and grow. His life is really only just starting (and ours too). I know this coming year will bring so many more changes, as he grows from the toddler he is now, into a little boy.
I'm so happy that I was chosen to be his mother, and that I get to be here with him, to teach him, to watch him grow, and to love him.
I love my daughters with all my heart, but it really is such a wonderfully different experience to have a son. I'm so grateful that I get to experience that with him. I love you more than you could possibly ever know, my little Joshua Scott. Happy First Birthday!
Here is a look back at the past year.
Ready to go home. I miss that car seat, it was my favorite!

















3 comments:
Happy Birthday Josh!
Happy bday Josh!!
he really is growing so fast! and as a mom who not only also has 3, but also a mom with two of one gender and 1 of the other, I totally get what you're saying... which is why, at almost 6yrs old, my daughter still says she's the baby... fortunately, she has stopped thinking she is an alien from the purple planet, and she's FINALLY getting that she's really a kid, but she's also the baby... but yeah... she's my baby.
And trust me, whether it's the 2nd, third, fourth, or FIFTH child that is the last, that child is always the baby... My MIL still says... "Let me talk to my baby" when she asks to speak to my dh... yep... he is almost 30 and still her baby.
Post a Comment