Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our silly boy!

I started giving Josh some solids about 2 weeks ago. He started having more signs of being ready, not seeming fully satisfied with the bottle, more interested in what we're eating, etc.
I've given him a few different things now, peas, applesauce, bananas, and last night carrots.
Given one thing only for about 4 days in a row to watch for allergies. So far he's doing great and hasn't had any reactions.

Here he is the other day, devouring his apples!

I was cleaning the kitchen yesterday and Josh was in his high chair playing. He got really quiet, so I looked and saw this! I snapped the picture then reclined the chair to let him finish his nap comfortably.

Here he is last night, drifting off in his little seat. I'm such a mean mom, getting pictures before rescuing him!




Notice a trend? I love taking pictures of him when he's asleep, he's just so cute! Also wanted to thank Aunt Lisa again for this cute outfit! He fits now, and we love it! He wore the pants to church last week too!

He's such a happy boy! How can you not smile when seeing this goofy grin?

He got to try some banana in the mesh feeder today! He loved it!

Other things he has been doing lately include rolling over from his back to his belly, getting stuck on his belly and getting mad, trying to hold his own bottle, and babbling "talking" a lot.
He is so much fun and is growing fast! We love having him in our family!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

cute pictures! I love the sleeping baby pictures.
I need to get one of those mesh things for Spencer. I have never seen them before!

Holly said...

I love the mesh feeders! When Hannah was about 2, that was the only way I could get some fruit in her. I froze stuff and put it in there for her to eat it like a popcicle! Both girls loved them when they were teething too.
I had a different type when Hannah was a baby but it's kid proof way to open it was a pain. The ones Josh is using I got when Abby was a baby, I think they were from Babies R Us. Here is a link http://www.munchkin.com/products/detail.html?pID=37