Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter 2012

The day before Easter, Hannah learned the truth about the Easter Bunny, and a few minutes later she learned about Santa and the Tooth Fairy too. She got it on her own and asked us what was really true, so we confirmed, but made her swear not to tell Abby or Josh or anyone else. She smiled like she just learned the secrets of the universe. In the morning when I was talking to Abby and Josh like "Look what the Easter Bunny brought you!", Hannah looked at me and smiled with a "I know!" smile on her face. So far, she hasn't told anyone, I hope she can keep it in during Christmas time too. It's really weird having a kid who knows, I wasn't ready for that to happen yet. Almost 7 still seems young to me to know.

The girls got new dresses, though they aren't fancy. I'm going to make them dresses next year, but by the time I had the idea this year, it was too late to start. Josh got a new church shirt.

Hannah
Abby
Josh still doesn't cooperate for individual pictures very well, at least not when we are outside. I held him like I did last year.
And Just because I like this outfit, here is one of me. I haven't mentioned on the blog yet, but I've been working hard to lose weight since mid October. I've lost just about 50 lbs now, I've got about 50 more to lose. I'm happy with my progress so far. I feel good.

We had a little egg hunt in the yard before church.


I like this confused look on Hannah's face here!
Josh was more concerned about opening up ONE candy from and egg than collecting as many eggs as he could, but Hannah made up for that for him.
Here he is a few minutes later with chocolate on his face!
Abby being cute

We also dyed eggs before church.

I made some jello eggs that the kids enjoyed after church.

And a bunch of random cute pictures:
Abby has such beautiful big eyes, she's going to be a heart breaker when she's older!


I really love this one of Hannah. It's rare to capture her true smile on camera.
I love this one too, it shows off her new front teeth too, she's finally growing into them.
We had a simple pot roast dinner and fruit pizza for dessert. We just spent time as our little family. I like having Sunday's off from work and having us all home for an entire day!
I love this time of year, and I'm grateful for this holiday when I can remember the true meaning for Easter. I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for his atonement and sacrifice for me. I am also grateful for my testimony of Him!
We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter too!

No comments: