Sunday, November 7, 2010

Abby's party

We had a small party for Abby's 4th birthday yesterday.
We all had a fun time.

This is how her cake turned out. We put it together last minute, we made cake from scratch the night before and when we tried to get it ready to decorate in the morning, it crumbled so Brad ran out and got cake mixes. I was finishing making the frosting and decorating the cake when people started to arrive. It turned out good though. That frosting is my favorite, homemade whipped cream!

Abby was in a really mellow mood. She was happy and having a good time, but hardly smiled at all. Here is her first gift, an adorable dress from Grandma and Grandpa Ericksen.
A new movie
A Strawberry Shortcake remote control car
I was asking her to smile, this goofy face is what she gave me.
Glow in the dark markers from my friend Anne
Card and $2 bill from Grandma Walker. She does this with all her grandkids. Once they turn 12 it's a $5, and if they have their mission papers turned in when they turn 19 (or 21 for a girl), they get $100. I have several nieces and nephews my age or close to it and I was always jealous of their cool $2 bills when I was growing up.
Wooden cookie set (the frosting velcros onto the cookies, it's really fun, even for me!)
A cute fur feal puppy from Uncle Ben, Aunt Amanda, and the kids.
All the smallest kids eating cake and ice cream at the table. After the cake and ice cream, most of us went outside with the kids to play in the back yard. I can't believe it's been so nice out lately, we wouldn't have been able to go out on Abby's birthday last year. We played for about an hour I'd guess.
After everyone left, we fed the kids lunch. Abby was exhausted and crashed at the table.

It was a good day. :)

2 comments:

lericksen said...

The sleeping pic is so cute!
Happy Birthday!

Stevens Family said...

I'm sad I missed it :-( I can't stop laughing at that sleeping picture. Poor girl.