Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sheet solution for Abby's bed!

I found a solution to Abby's sheet problem!
Last week, we bought a used futon for their room, so I can have a place to sit in there to play with them. I bought a full size sheet to cover the mattress, but then a few days later I was able to get a free futon cover for it instead!
So I put the full size sheet on Abby's mattress, with the short side of the sheet being wrapped around the long side of Abby's mattress.
It wrapped around 3 times before running out. The sheet was just a little too short to tuck down over the edge that 3rd time, so I put the side with the loose piece facing down towards the bottom of the crib.
So now she can't pull the sheet off if she tried! It's so nice to have a sheet in her crib again, I hated seeing her sleeping in there on the plastic mattress all the time.

She still pulls off Hannah's sheet sometimes, but not as much as she used to, and Hannah's is easier to fix because I can do it without leaning over a big crib rail, or taking her mattress out.
So I'm glad I didn't have to make a special sheet, or spend big bucks to buy one (not that one exists anyway, at least not that I have found).
Now if I could get Abby to quit her other annoying habits, like stripping her clothes off, or taking off the couch cushions.
Boy 2 years olds are sure fun aren't they?

No comments: