Monday, September 22, 2008

It's a...

I had a regular doctor's appointment today and at the end, I asked him if I needed to wait until my ultrasound to find out the baby's gender.
He asked when it was scheduled for, I said 2 weeks. He said Nah, lets go take a look right now.
He didn't put my name in the computer first, or write it in my chart, and it was a fast 2 minute ultrasound, so I don't think he's charging for it.

We were able to immediately see the little parts. There is no question that Hannah and Abby are going to have a little brother! It's a BOY!
The dr said it's one of the clearest shots he's seen, and there is no question it's a boy.
We are so excited! I really wanted a boy, but didn't want to get my hopes up.
Now we can go buy blue and green, and all the little boy stuff! I can't wait!

The placenta is also inbetween the baby and the front of my belly, so thats why I can't really feel him hardly at all. I posted recently that I have felt him, but it's just barely, like I will feel the slightest little kick once every few days, but it's soooo faint, and it hardly ever happens.
Thats why, he is kicking the placenta, not me.
It might take even longer before I can feel him regularly, and even when I do, it wont be the same as how I felt the girls. He said I should feel strong consistent movement by 30 weeks!
At least I know why now, so I won't worry about him not moving.
I'm so happy I get to experience having a son, so even if this is the last baby (which is still undecided), I at least get to have one little boy!


Baby's profile:


Looking down at baby's face, if you turn your head to the right and look hard, you can see what looks like a little skull looking at you.


BOY!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

The last butt shot looks a lot like the one we have of our little guy. I guess it is the season of boy grandchildren for the Ericksens. Congrats!!

Holly said...

Yeah, there will be 3 new little boys in the family!
I'm so excited they are all boys, so they can play together whenever we are all together. Also, all of our girls are around the same age too, so they can play together too! I think it works out perfectly!