We're not in the best habit of praying together as a family, so some nights we forget and put the kids to bed without one. We try to remember to do it, but it doesn't always happen.
Last night, I was putting the kids to bed and Brad was in the living room. I was about to say goodnight and close the door and Hannah was saying something like "Fold arms" and was ready for the Prayer. So I called Brad in to have family prayer with us. Lately, Hannah has wanted to say the prayer, one of us tells her what to say, and she will repeat it.
As soon as we were in there, she was starting on her own! She was just mumbling a bunch of stuff, we couldnt really understand what she was saying. But then we clearly heard her saying "I want to go to church"! and then more mumbling, so I helped her finish it.
We thought it was so cute how she added in her own words and they made sense!
We definetly need to get back in the habit of doing it every day, but it looks like we will have help with that now, since Hannah knows we are supposed to do it and she wants to.
I don't think we are just teaching the kids, I think they are teaching us too.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment